Monday, September 9, 2013

Collegiate Recovery Day!



     September 5th is Officially "Collegiate Recovery Day"!!!!! It is amazing how many schools in North Carolina are seeing how much these programs are needed! The first North Carolina CRC program was started here at UNC Charlotte!! It is now growing on campuses such as UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, Duke, and UNC Wilmington!! All who were represented on Thursday at the proclamation signing! Thank you to Governor McCrory and Speaker of the House Thom Tills!! We look forward to working with them again very soon!! The Govornor spoke and told us how important recovery is to him and how many people are getting on board to help colleges such as ours and students such as myself.  He had also asked to have all of us back to help with a task force for recovery he is putting together!









Governor McCrory telling us how important recovery is and how everyone knows someone in recovery or still in active addiction. It was really good to hear that!! It seems like most people do not even realize the amount of people recovery actually touches. 


All of the ladies from UNC-Charlotte and Thom Tillis
Susan, Hillary, Carol, Thom (Speaker of the House), Chelsea


I am truly blessed to have been present for the Proclamation signing it was truly watching history come alive.  I do not believe I could have ever imagined being part of such great things a few years back.

I am Chelsea a student here at UNC Charlotte and a young person in recovery. My recovery has given me so many great opportunities to be the person I always knew I could be. I am still working on my undergraduate degree. I am working in the Center for Wellness Promotion here at UNCC in the CRC.  It really is so amazing to know there are other students on campus working towards bettering themselves while managing a class schedule and jobs.  Being a student these days can be very stressful but adding drinking and drugs can complicate it even more. Well at least it did for me. I am very excited to continue my recovery journey and be a part of all the great events that are placed into my life.

The Proclimation


UNCC CRC

Mission statement:

The Collegiate Recovery Community at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte provides a nurturing, affirming environment in which students recovering from addictive disorders can successfully pursue academic, personal and professional goals for the purpose of enhancing their quality of life and becoming productive members of society.


UNCW CRC

UNC-Chapel Hill CRC
http://campushealth.unc.edu/student-wellness/alcohol-and-other-drugs/carolina-recovery-community.html



No comments:

Post a Comment