Thursday, October 17, 2013

Repel for Recovery!




Hey Everyone!!

It is just crazy how things fall into place, especially when my recovery is first. Just a few years ago I felt like there was no hope. My entire world was crashing in around me. Everything I knew of was going horrible and I was all alone. Come to find out everything was mainly in my head. My messed up thinking and rationalizing the most obvious bad decisions. My using and drinking put me into places where I thought I would never be. Fast forwarding a few years later, here and now. I'm in college, clean and sober, part the first Collegiate Recovery Community in NC and working with people in recovery. Who thought this drunk would be flying out to California tomorrow to repel off the side of the W Hotel in Hollywood?? Not me!! That is for sure! I couldn't have told you what the future held back then. Now I know there is hope, even when you feel helpless and worthless, there is help. I felt so alone in a room full of people. I thought being alone was better that people seeing the true me. Today I get to help others or should I say they help me more than I help them. I get to be surrounded with people who truly understand what I am feeling. Being in college and in recovery is such an amazing concept! Just the opportunities that have been sent my way, all the people who I have met, everything has gotten so much better! Just remember you are not alone if you are struggling with this disease. There are tons of people willing and able to help. For me asking for help was the hardest thing I had to do and still to this day can struggle with trying to do everything all by my self. I have learned through trial and error asking for help is totally worth that minute that I might feel uncomfortable. After that minute it seems everything I was either worried about or stressing over is just turned over, or explained
in a very simple way for me.



A friend sent this to me and I thought I would share!

The Over the Edge Repel Event in Hollywood!!

 Anna David's Webpage (one of the Celebs who will be repelling with us) She also goes to colleges and speaks on recovery

Contact us:

Many faces one voice:

Faces and Voices of Recovery:

The Anonymous People viewing in Charlotte NC: GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!

The Anonymous People trailer:

Young People in Recovery:

National Youth Recovery Foundation:




No comments:

Post a Comment